Gym Student of the Day: Branden Foreman

Freshman Branden Foreman was very excited to be chosen for the  Physical Education (P.E.) Student of the Day.
Freshman Branden Foreman was very excited to be chosen for the Physical Education (P.E.) Student of the Day.
Bergen Romness

The well known and coveted title of Athlete of the Month has been swapped around by incredible sports players for months and months. However, the lesser known title of Physical Education (P.E.) Student of the Day has just been awarded, and freshman Branden Foreman is ecstatic that he has been chosen for the honor.

When he learned that he had been selected for the prestigious title, Foreman was ecstatic.

“It feels great,” Foreman said.

“He’s a really good player, he’s better than everyone else in gym class,” opposing player, freshman James Sherlock said.

“I always like being on a team with him… he’s a team player, he’s a good guy,” freshman teammate Bora Yavalar said.

“He’s amazing,” freshman Simon Powers said.

Foreman was chosen after his witnessing his amazing skills on the football field.  Foreman foretook in running great routes and making catch after catch. Surprisingly enough, it turns out Foreman barely plays football outside of gym class at all.

“I did play flag football, that was like two years ago,” Foreman said.

Foreman’s teammates cannot compliment him enough on the skills he brings to the table.

“On one hand he’s going out there, he’s running straight, he’s doing the moves, but on the other hand he’s also using his special intuition and making the right decisions out on the field,” Yavalar said.

“He’s great all around, he’s just really good,” Powers said.

When talking with his teammates, speed seems to be a very common way to describe Foreman’s elite play.

“He’s fast and he’s athletic,” freshman player Colin O’Dea said.

“He’s just so fast so mobile, really able to get open with anyone out there,” freshman quarterback Jason Meyers said.

A great player elevates his team, and when talking to Foreman’s teammates, Foreman does nothing but elevate the play around him.

“[Foreman makes our team] so much better… I can’t even compare how our team would be like if we didn’t have Branden. It’s amazing to have him here,” Meyers said.

“[Foreman makes our team] much better. I mean without him we’d lose half of the games we play,” Yavalar said.             

“It’s a lot like me, if [Foreman’s] on the team, they win automatically,” freshman James Sherlock said.

In P.E. there seems to be two common groups that people fall into: the try-hards and the people who do not try at all. Foreman falls into an interesting category; he admits he just likes to mess around and have fun, but his superior playing skills might earn him a spot in the try-hard category.

“I just play to have fun, it’s not like we’re winning a big trophy or anything so, just here we have fun,” Foreman said.

Try hard or not, Foreman has exceptional skills on the turf. For a person who only played team football once two years ago, his ability is way above his experience level. One thing is for sure, any football team looking for a fast player with a diverse set of skills, Branden Foreman is their guy.