Hollywood’s “It Girl”: Millie Bobby Brown

14-year-old+British+actress+Millie+Bobby+Brown+has+quickly+risen+to+fame+in+Hollywood.+
14-year-old British actress Millie Bobby Brown has quickly risen to fame in Hollywood.

Courtesy of The Daily Edge

Courtesy of The Daily Edge

Eliza Howard, Sentry Staff Reporter

Millie Bobby Brown is making the runs around Hollywood, and her quick rise to fame has not gone unnoticed. The British actress’ cool, confident personality made the whole world fall in love with the Stranger Things star. Walking down the SAG (Screen Actors Guild Awards) carpet would seem stressful for any 14-year-old, but Brown stood out among her high-heeled peers by wearing white converse and space buns. Her quirky, fun take on fashion has made Brown a style icon at a young age.

Stranger Things, a sci-fi thriller television series on Netflix, kickstarted Brown’s career. The 2016 release of season one showcases the experiences of Eleven, a girl with psychokinetic and telepathic abilities, as she ventures from the lab where she has been tested on since birth. Three boys encounter Eleven in the woods and begin to unravel their cities buried secrets. Brown’s role as Eleven led to her receiving a nomination at the Emmy Awards for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series. The shows smashing success can be credited to Brown’s impeccable performance as Eleven. Her perfecting of the role stems from her similarities to the independent Eleven.

“If you got to know her, I think she’s just very caring and protective. And that’s the only trait I could really relate to with my actual self. I’d probably say I’m very strong. If somebody says something horrible, I’m like, ‘Okay, whatever.’ With Eleven, people call her the weirdo and she really doesn’t care. She’s very badass and I think when I can be, I will be,” Brown said.

The show’s unexpected success has lead to the production of two more seasons. For season three, the whole cast is reportedly getting a tremendous raise from season one. Her male co-stars are reportedly earning around 250,000 per episode, while Brown may earn up to 350,000 per season three episode. In a male-dominated Hollywood, Brown’s report of a six-figure paycheck per episode is a huge step for women in the industry. Brown is making it clear that young female actresses have a deserved place in the competitive industry.

Besides being known for starring in Stranger Things, Brown is Hollywood’s biggest fangirl. From obsessing over Dakota Fanning on a red carpet to hanging out with Drake at the SAG awards, it is clear Brown just cannot keep her calm in front of big celebrities just like any other 14-year-old girl would. However, her obsession with the Kardashian family is like no other; she calls herself the ultimate Kardashian fan. Her introduction to the family happened after her segment on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon in early November of 2017. Her love for the family was revealed when Fallon asked her what her favorite television show was and Brown could not contain her excitement.

“I’m obsessed with them. I follow them on social media. I think that they are just like really great. They’re so entertaining,” Brown said.

Brown brings a new personable aspect to Hollywood. Whether it be fangirling over celebrities or breaking the wage gaps in her industry, Brown’s rise to fame is astonishing. With this much accomplished in less than two years in the spotlight, her possibilities for success are unmeasurable.