No End in Sight– Friendships Sustained Through College

No End in Sight-- Friendships Sustained Through College

College is four years of discovering yourself, socializing and fun, but for many the comfort of seeing your high school friends everyday is gone. Old friends may disperse themselves across the country and world, but some will stay right by your side. Some students, by serendipitously choosing to attend the same colleges, will be continuing their lifelong friendships. Whether this decision occurred by chance or was planned out, the fact that these friendships will continue is enough to warm anyone’s heart .

Megan Day, Kaleigh Day, and Rebecca Poutasse will be attending Virginia Tech this fall. Now 18, the Day twins have been friends with Poutasse since they were about six or seven, so it was no real surprise when they all ending up choosing to be Hokies. While only the Days are sisters by blood, Poutasse is practically a part of the family and is often called the fourth Day.

Going to college together naturally  facilitates the transition from high school, however both the Days and Poutasse plan on branching out and discovering themselves individually.

“We’ll definitely stay close by eating some meals together and travelling home, but we are going to have to separate. If we don’t separate, we literally won’t have any other friends,” said Poutasse.

Virginia Tech will be seeing doubles this fall as the Days are not the only set of twins who will be attending– Ben and Nicole Calvert will also being taking Blacksburg by storm.

“Ben has always wanted to go to Tech and when I visited I fell in love with it too. I don’t think there’s anyone I would rather go to school with,” said Nicole Calvert.

It is no surprise that the Calverts will be going to college together. From putting on performances to the Lion King when they were three to cheering each other on at sporting events, they have yet to spend more than two weeks apart.

James Levenberg, Ryan McNulty, Cameron Logan and Lily Bernhard will be calling the University of Virginia their home for the next four years. Having been friends since the beginning of high school their friendship will surely not end as they move on to college,

“Our friendship may change, but if anything, I think we will become better friends,” said Levenberg.

They all have some pretty big plans for college, but their friendship will be a priority. Levenberg even expressed interest in potentially rooming together in their second year of college.

College may be a scary experience, but having the comfort of your best friend by your side will definitely calm some of the nerves that exist. This is clearly the case for the 2015 graduates, as some friends part ways others will stay right by each other’s side.