Advice I Would Give My Freshman Self

Advice I Would Give My Freshman Self

With the senior class’s final days of school and senior experience fast, approaching, it has become time to celebrate and reflect on respective high school careers. Four years is a long time and there are bound to be a couple of bumps along the way, as well as many lifelong experiences and memories to be cherished forever. But if it were possible to travel back in time, what advice would the graduating seniors give their freshman selves about the rest of high school?

“My best advice would be not to be afraid. Like afraid of messing up or doing something crazy. High school is super short and it’s not worth it to waste a ton of time worrying!” – Rachel Grand

“My advice for my freshman self would be find something you are passionate about, and work hard at it. But never be too busy to lay in your hammock and read a good book.” – Kelly Hart

“Keep it cool, don’t try to overdo a first impression and keep things casual and […] when you meet someone who seems to be trying to be your friend notice that and try to be a friend back.”- Kris Heaton

“Do what’s fun, don’t focus on school to much. You make it through.” – Annelise Overturf

“Take classes that you are interested in, like if you’re interested in a class that’s AP then challenge yourself to that but don’t take an AP class just because you think you need to, you should take classes you’re interested in and work really hard in those classes. Watch out for Mr. Lenihan.” -David Craighead

“I think you should try and do as much as you can in high school, you’re never going to be as free as you are now and have much opportunity and you can [afford to] fail because your parents are going to back you up but in college you don’t have anyone to bail you out so experience new things now when you can.” – Perry Kaufman

“Take challenging classes. If I had taken more challenging classes I think I would’ve done a lot better. Lots of AP classes and classes that get you out of your comfort zone.” -J.J Martin