Yorktown says goodbye to Ms. Rubalcava after 24 years

After 24 years of dedicated work for our school, administrative assistant Dolores Rubalcava is retiring. Throughout her time at Yorktown, Rubalcava has used her talents in multiple positions including the main office, attendance and counseling. She has worked under three principals during her time at Yorktown. Rubalcava’s job has consisted of managing Dr. Kevin Clark’s calendar, payroll, paperwork for staffing and greeting visitors. Our school is lucky to have had such a kind and radiant presence in the main office.

From now on, the only calendar Rubalcava will be managing is her own. She will be embarking on a few tropical vacations later this year.

“First I’m going to Arizona to visit my folks, then Portugal, Hawaii and then Mexico,” Rubalcava said.

Despite her exciting retirement plans, Rubalcava will miss being one of the first people to enter the building each day and saying good morning to everyone.

“I’ve enjoyed meeting so many different families and faces and they’ve just become family to me,” Rubalcava said.

She has learned the importance of being open and friendly through her work at our school, and it is clear she will continue to carry these ideals with her. After 24 years serving our school, Rubalcava is able to provide some insight for everyone in our Yorktown community.

“For teachers, I would definitely tell them to take care of themselves, because by doing that they’ll take care of the students. And for students, I would say reach out to any adult that you feel you can trust, and make a connection because that’s going to help you get through school,” Rubalcava said.

Yorktown is very grateful for Rubalcava’s work throughout all her years at our school. We will miss her presence in the main office but wish her all the best!