Finishing Touches

Finishing Touches

By: Sophie Currie

Sentry Staff Reporter

While all the students and staff are busy enjoying the completion of their new school building, there is still more work being done behind the scenes. As the buzz about the new building dies down, there is still hard work going into the finishing touches to our new school.

In the recent weeks there have been new security measures taken within the building. The newest of these is the installation of new security cameras positioned in various places throughout the building. Because construction is only now beginning to wrap up, the cameras have not been put in place before this time. The end to the construction has opened a window for new security measures to be added to the building. These new additions to the school are merely put in place to meet certain safety regulations for public schools. The installment of these cameras is standard with new construction. In addition, these cameras are required in any large institution.

New security cameras have been added to ceilings all over the school Photo by Alex Brandolino
New security cameras have been added to ceilings all over the school
Photo by Alex Brandolino

Recently the county has tried to reinforce the requirement of these security devices. The timing of this is  opportune considering that this is the first time construction has come to a close. This has given time and opportunity to take a step back and hone in on specific details that need attention. All of this is put in place in order to make our school building the best that it can be, as well as a safe environment for the staff and students. Experts have come and investigated the property to find the best and most logical placement for these cameras to ensure maximum student and staff safety.

School safety and security is taken seriously. Discussed, revised and discussed even more, the safety measures of schools in the area is always progressing and advancing to protect the inhabitants of the building as effectively as possible. The measures taken in all Arlington Public schools is standard and top staff collaborate and discuss together to create an altogether safe area. The ultimate goal is to do the best to protect each individual who enters the school building on any given day. Safety for everyone is not solely reliant on electronic devices and methods of security, but also each individual’s participation in making this a safe area.

Principal Dr. Raymond Pasi said “We rely in the end on everyone to be alert and help make this a safe environment for everybody.”

Everyone in the community must do their part in keeping this a place where people feel secure and have safe institutions and buildings. Overall the school has been successful in creating a safe environment.

Pasi also said  “I think we have reliable and dependable students and staff, that helps.”

Along with the new building came new and more modern school safety measures. Besides the new cameras being installed, the school has also received new automatic locks. These have also been put in place to maximize on this being a secure learning environment.

These cameras have been put into place with the hopes that it will help students and staff members become more secure and safe place to teach and learn. The safety of this community and more specifically those in schools from day to day is of the highest importance and is taken seriously. We can not purely rely on electronics, however, we must also personally become responsible and caring for this area in order to put forth a more secure and safe environment for everyone.

Featured image by Alex Brandolino