Jackson Cummings and Michael Lowen

Jackson Cummings and Michael Lowen shake hands after finishing their interview

Jackson Cummings and Michael Lowen, Sentry Staff Reporters

As a senior getting ready to graduate, Jackson Cummings has a lot to look forward to as he prepares to leave Arlington. Cummings has aspirations of going to either the University of Virginia or Virginia Tech. His older brother recently graduated from  VT, so Cummings has been able to visit many times and get a feel for the campus. His other brother went to Syracuse University; however, Cummings is not a fan.

“It is too cold up there,” Cummings said.

If he had the opportunity to be super big or super small, Cummings would choose to be super big.

“ I used to be pretty small, so I would like to try it on the big side,” Cummings said.

If Cummings had the option to be a breakfast food he would be “hash browns because they go with everything and are the best.”

If there was a biography movie made about Cummings he would want Matt Damon to be the star actor.

“He is the man, and the movie would be great,”  Cummings said.

Cummings has a lot on his plate with college applications as well as being the head editor of The Sentry, but he still finds a way to keep his social life up to speed with his involvement in the hype squad, getting everyone aware and excited for school functions. With his goals of getting accepted into the top schools he is looking at, Cummings works very hard and knows what he needs to do to meet his accomplishments. Cummings, if offered the opportunity to be Matthew Cornfield for a day would not do it, unlike anyone else.

A self-described “Patriot,” junior Michael Lowen has just been recruited to The Sentry. His summer, jampacked with baseball, has finally paid off. Lowen–or rather, “MC Lowe,” as Siri calls him–spent the summer traveling and playing at baseball tournaments all around the country. Perhaps the long distance between Maryland, Miami, Wake Forest and Louisiana State University is the reason that MC Lowe would choose the ability to fly, if presented with the choice of any superpower.

“[I would choose to] be able to fly. [So I can] go wherever I want,” Lowen said.

MC Lowe–who claims he did not set up this nickname himself–might also use his superpower to fly to the nearest frozen yogurt store. Lowen has quite the taste palate, especially when it comes to frozen yogurt.

“Yeah, I go for the most eccentric [flavor]…. I mix it up, and whenever it’s available, I’ll go for it,” Lowen said. Perhaps the desire for eccentricity is why Lowen also enjoys bacon on his pizza.

Fortunately for Lowen, bacon-covered pizza and random frozen yogurt toppings have never led to any near death experiences. Unfortunately for Lowen, however, Gobstoppers have. When Lowen was six, he almost choked to death on one of Willy Wonka’s Everlasting Gobstoppers.

“I was like six, and my brother gave me a Gobstopper, and I swallowed it whole. And then my aunt had to, like, stick her whole hand down my throat,” Lowen said. Then, very quietly, Lowen made another comment about his near death experience.

“Yeah. It was cool,” Lowen said.

Near death experiences are cool and all, but MC Lowe’s daps are even cooler. Calm, cool, and collected, his crisp daps always echo in the hallway for all to hear.

All in all, The Sentry is lucky to have Lowen join its ranks. From ripe daps, to interesting food choices, his talents will be very much valued as he starts his journey at The Sentry.