A Deep Dive into Chesapeake Bagel Bakery

Chesapeake Bagel Bakery is an all-time favorite breakfast and lunch spot for students and teachers from our school. Familiar faces of Arlington can almost always be found in tables inside or outside the cafe. The staff members are extremely kind and welcoming, and the environment inside the store is always decorated for each season. Only five minutes away from Yorktown, and with a wide variety of breakfast and lunch items on the menu, Chesapeake is the perfect spot. 

Choosing only one item out of endless options of bakery goods, bagels, wraps and sandwiches, at Chesapeake is difficult. This is a list of some of the most popular items in the eyes of our students. 

Bagel Sandwiches 

Sausage/Bacon Egg and Cheese—This classic bagel-wich includes tasty sausage or bacon and melty cheese on top of fluffy eggs. American cheese is recommended. 

Bacon Lettuce Tomato—Their take on this classic sandwich will not disappoint. It includes  fresh tomatoes and crispy bacon, and avocado can also be added. 

Avocado Eggwich—Similar to the sausage egg and cheese, the avocado eggwich adds fresh, sliced avocado, tomato and onion to spice up a fan-favorite. 

Pizza Bagel—Filled with tomato sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese, this sandwich is a pizza lover’s dream bagel. 

Turkey Club—With turkey, cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise all on a toasted bagel of choice, this bagel resembles a hot turkey club sandwich. 

Bagel and Cream Cheese 

Plain bagel with plain cream cheese—This is a classic that you can never go wrong with and from Chesapeake, it never misses. You can also substitute a different flavor bagel or cream cheese. 

Seasonal flavors—Each season, Chesapeake welcomes back season flavors onto the menu. Some favorites are pumpkin for Halloween, gingerbread during Christmas time and a green bagel for St. Patrick’s Day. 

Green Gumball Conspiracy 

The gumball machine is a wonder of the cafe. If you are lucky enough to win a green gumball from the machine, you will be awarded with six free bagels. After 18 failed attempts and $4.50 down the drain, I was unlucky. The price of six bagels is $3.99, so if you get the green gumball in 16 tries or less, then it is worth the price. 

From its famous bagel sandwiches, to the green gumball fiasco, Chesapeake Bagel Bakery retains a lot of significance for many students from our school.