A President for All: The Sebastian Morales-Talero Story

When 15-year-old Sebastian Morales-Talero walked into our school on September 3, 2019, he had no idea the journey he was about to go on. Now, following a two-year term as the class of 2023’s class president and a one-year term as student body president, he is well aware of the weight his name carries in our school. 

Morales-Talero started his presidential career freshman year. After a failed attempt at student government in middle school, Morales-Talero got up, dusted himself off and ran one of the best campaigns in our school’s history. 

“The most important [campaign strategy] is just talking to people. In 9th grade, I probably talked to 500 people, and I didn’t realize I needed to just talk to ninth graders. Just talking to people, asking what they like and what they think of school is pretty effective,” Morales-Talero said. 

Morales-Talero boasts an incredible resume from his three years as president. Spirit days and homecoming rank among the top accomplishments. 

“We did [homecoming this year] in the atrium and it was a ton of fun and it was more of a club feel. Everyone had a good time. We helped design the lights and picked the DJ,” Morales-Talero said.

Presidency is not always smooth sailing, even for someone as professional and hard-working as Morales-Talero. Reaching out to peers as well as communicating with our school’s administration remain his biggest challenges. 

“I think accepting and understanding what is in my control and what is in the school’s control is most difficult… and there are so many things that are up to the county and we can’t get certain foods imported in. Some things are in our control and some things aren’t,” Morales-Talero said. 

Despite the challenges Morales-Talero faces, he remains optimistic for the future. Having just been elected for his final term as class president, Morales-Talero already has big plans for his senior year. 

“It’s gonna be crazy. We have a ton of money because we started raising money in ninth grade even though we didn’t necessarily have to. We have a big budget so there are a ton of fun things we can do for senior year. I am just excited to put on crazy parties, have big events and fun spirit days and just have an awesome year,” Morales-Talero said. 

His last year as class president promises to be monumental. Whether or not Morales-Talero continues his student government career in college, or even beyond, his legacy of dedication and perseverance will be remembered by Patriots for a lifetime. On behalf of the class of 2023, thank you, Seb.