Rosie Eldridge and Nick Warnement

Rosie Eldridge and Nick Warnement smiling for the camera!

Even as an individual with no hidden talents, junior Rosie Eldridge gets along just fine. She is the secretary of the Student Government Association (SGA) for the junior class and enjoys being active with other people.

“It’s pretty cool, being able to work with all the other people” Eldridge said.

She runs cross country and is a member of the freshman mentor program as well.

Eldridge would describe herself as a “good person and a loyal friend.” Eldridge proceeded to admit her love for fashion and revealed that her favorite store was Free People.

“I’m always online shopping,”  Eldridge said.

A question that almost every member of The Sentry is asked is “why did you join this class?” Every member of the staff has a different story on why.

“I had Mrs. Wiedemann as an English teacher freshman year, and she taught me a lot about how to write… then she asked me specifically if I would be interested in it.” Eldridge said. Eldridge also mentioned that some of her friends were taking the class as well.

Eldridge looks up to her older sister, who is a senior in college, as her role model.

“She’s pretty successful and is on the track team… she wants to go into medicine and that’s what I want to do.”

Asides from writing, Eldridge excels in other subjects.

“I like math and science, specifically… biology,” Eldridge said.

Eldridge sometimes enjoys reading as a hobby, as long as it is not assigned by a teacher. Her favorite series is Harry Potter, and her favorite book is Harper Lee’s classic, To Kill a Mockingbird.

Any publication would be lucky to have Eldridge on staff because of her kindness and hard working qualities.

Despite being one of the many new additions to The Sentry this year, sophomore Nick Warnement will be bringing his down-to-earth personality and passion for football to the staff. In all likelihood, Warnement will be writing lots of articles for the sports section this year.

In a perfect world, it would always be spring time for Warnement, partly because his birthday is in April. Despite his love for the nice weather in spring, Warnement’s favorite holiday is Christmas.

“It’s not so much about the gifts, but I just like it [Christmas] because all my family gets together and the vibe is really nice,” Warnement said.

In contrast to Warnement’s easy-going personality, his passion for traveling showcases his adventurous side. He has traveled to a number of different countries in Europe, including Greece.

“If I could live anywhere in the world it would definitely be somewhere in Europe. I have family in Greece, so Greece would definitely be somewhere I would like to live,” Warnement said.

When asked who he would choose to play him in a movie, Warnement responded with the American actor that played lead roles in films such as To Kill A Mockingbird and Roman Holiday.

“Definitely Gregory Peck. I think he’s the most handsome man ever,” Warnement said.

Warnement is a force to be reckoned with. If he could be any animal, he would be a bear because they are at the top of the food chain.

When given the choice of land, sea or air, Warnement immediately had an answer.

“Land. Definitely. I’m not afraid of heights, but I am afraid of the ocean. It’s my biggest fear,” Warnement said.

One day, Warnement would like to attend the University of Notre Dame and carry on his father’s legacy.

This avid college football fan is not afraid to dream big. Being a football player for the school, he revealed that his dream job is a professional athlete. Being a modest Taurus, Warnement said he does not know if this could be a possibility. Who knows? Maybe we will see him playing tight end, wide receiver or outside linebacker for the Fighting Irish in a few years.

One thing is for sure, Warnement will succeed as a reporter for The Sentry and fit in just right.