Sean Muth and Kate Cressey

Sean Muth and Kate Cressey

While high school is a world where students experience new things every day, very few ever have to deal with the embarrassment of their backpack being ruined because a peer dropped their lunch in it. However, this is what sophomore Kate Cressey describes as one of the funniest moments of her time in high school.

“I was sitting outside in the courtyard eating lunch,” said Cressey, “and someone spilled spaghetti and meatballs in my backpack.”

Cressey had the courtesy not to divulge the name of the student who fumbled their lunch, as the student did so accidentally, and felt terrible after it happened.

Cressey spent her summer travelling across America, visiting five different states and even the city of Cancun, Mexico. If summer had been a week longer, Cressey may have even had time to take her personal shuttle to the moon for a quick visit. Cressey was only in Arlington for two weeks because of her busy softball schedule––the summer was filled with practices and tournaments.

Because Cressey travelled so much over the summer, it is no surprise that she would want to have the superhuman ability to fly.

“You know when you have those dreams where you can fly? I think it’s so cool to be able to go everywhere really quickly,” said Cressey. “And I like plane rides, so I think I would like to fly.”

Being such a well-traveled person, Cressey has needed the proper footwear to walk around all the cities and states she has visited. This makes one ask a very important question. Does Cressey prefer to wear Crocs or Uggs during her vacations?

“Uggs are definitely a lot more comfortable,” said Cressey. “Crocs look very weird. Even though some people think that Uggs are ugly, I think they look good with the right outfit.”

Not only a well cultured person, but someone who gives great fashion advice, Cressey is definitely someone on The Sentry staff to look out for this year.

What do a giraffe, Eli Manning and George Costanza from Seinfeld have in common? They are all key figures in the life of Sean Muth, a musical genius who plays the guitar, piano and even aspires to become a drummer. The New York Giants fanatic would choose to be Eli Manning if given the opportunity to be a NFL, MLB or NBA player.

“I would call Tom Brady and remind him of the two superbowls I beat him in,” said Muth.

Sean Muth describes himself as a tall and awkward man––his declared spirit animal is thus a giraffe. Due to his stature, Muth does not resemble George Costanza, the short and stout television character from Seinfeld; however, Muth feels similar to him on a deeper level.

“I can get really uptight with my friends … and his parents are kind of strange, and sometimes my parents can act kind of crazy,” said Muth, describing his similarities with Costanza.

By watching Seinfeld (along with other television shows and movies), Sean is inspired to be a film director. If he won the lottery, he would use the money to make his first film.

“I enjoy making movies, and I think it would be awesome to make a movie and release it and everyone sees it … and enjoys it,” said Muth.

The movie could be set anywhere, but Muth feels a strong attraction to Dublin, Ireland, the one place in the world he would want to live.

“It was so cool there, and it was a really interesting city … I would be in Ireland already, so I could just drive out into the country,” said Muth.

Possibly to shoot his first movie? We will have to see when he releases it!

Although most of his time is dedicated to school and playing musical instruments, during his free time he plays Pokemon Emerald, his first video game and most treasured possession.

“I got it when I was seven years old … if I ever lost it or it got destroyed, I would cry,” said Muth.

Muth was not afraid to admit that his biggest pet peeve is the irritating scratching of forks on bowls because it can be easily avoided.  A small annoyance for the very tall senior.

The legendary Muth is a very intriguing and creative guy that is sure to help make an impact on The Sentry for yet another year!